Banded Peak Veterinary Hospital and Boarding Centre |
Banded Peak Blog

Toxic Grapes?

Grapes and raisins have long been known to cause kidney failure in dogs, however, the reason has never been known. A new article was recently published outlining the idea that there may be a connection between tartaric acid and grapes. This connection was made after a dog ingested homemade playdough containing cream of tartar. Whether it is the tartaric acid in the grapes or not, dogs should never be given grapes, raisins, or currents since this can cause vomiting, diarrhea and excessive thirst and often leads to renal failure. 

logo

Find us on:

HOSPITAL HOURS

Monday to Friday -- 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Saturday -- 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Sunday & Holidays -- Closed
BOARDING HOURS

Monday to Friday -- 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturday -- 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Sunday & Holidays
9:00AM - 10:00AM -- 4:30PM - 5:30PM
CONTACT INFORMATION

VET HOSPITAL - 403-949-3249
theclinic@bpvh.ca

BOARDING - 403-949-3647
info@bpvh.ca

© 2022 Banded Peak Veterinary Hospital and Boarding Centre. All rights reserved.